A Healthy Packed Lunch
Please bring a packed lunch in a named lunch box for your child.
We would like to offer the following guidelines for a healthier packed lunch:
- We don’t have anywhere to keep lunches cool, so please keep this in mind.
- We cannot heat up food brought from home.
- We provide water for all our children so you do not need to provide a drink.
- If you provide grapes, please cut them in half lengthways, as whole grapes are a choking risk for small children.
- Please avoid anything with nuts. Some children can have a severe reaction to nuts.
- Staff will remove any chocolate, cakes, sweets, biscuits, juice and fizzy drinks etc from your child’s packed lunch and will return them to you at the end of the day.
Include some foods high in carbohydrates such as bread, pasta, wraps or rice
Add some protein such as chicken, turkey, ham, eggs, tofu, fish, etc
|Fruit & Vegetables
Add some vegetables such as carrot sticks, tomatoes, cucumber; fresh fruit such as apple, banana or pear; or dried fruit such as raisins or apricots
|Dairy or Dairy Alternative
You can include a dairy product or dairy alternative, such as fromage frais or yoghurt
|No high sugar or fat
Please don’t provide any snacks such as crisps, chocolate and biscuits.