The Nursery manager will be able check that you meet the eligibility criteria below and provide proof to your chosen care provider such as an Income Support letter, Tax Credit Award Notice (TC602a) provided by HMRC or an Asylum Seekers NASS card, along with evidence of your child’s date of birth.
Your child will be eligible for a free place if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance (income-based)
- Employment Support Allowance (income-related)
- Universal Credit – you and your partner must have a combined income from work of £15,400 or less a year, after tax
- tax credits with annual earnings of no more than £16,190 per year, before tax
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- support through Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- Working Tax Credit 4 week-run on (the payment a claimant receives when they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
A child may also be eligible for a place if she or he:
- is looked after by the local authority.
- has a current Statement of Special Educational Needs/Disabilities (SEND) or an Education Health Care Plan
- receives a Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- has left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order
If your child is eligible, free early education and childcare:
- must be given by an approved childcare provider
- start the term after your child’s second birthday.
Two Year funding at Chatham Nursery School
Due to the Covid19 pandemic we have had to review how our nursery provision is offered.
We are currently offering the 15hrs over the equivalent of 2.5days.
Two year funding places are term time only.
Your child will be given their days at either the beginning or the end of the week, so that where possible the children are mixing with the same children each day.
It is recommended that we have staggered drop off and pick up times, so that all parents aren’t gathered in our small reception area at any one time.
Families will be allocated a drop off and pick up time. If the days and times allocated are not convenient then please inform a member of staff and we will endeavour to accommodate your family needs were possible.
We are asking families to provide a healthy packed lunch for their child each day. This will no longer be provided by nursery.
Guidance on a healthy packed lunches will be provided. (Please see the Lunch time for further details)
We are also asking that you please contribute £1.00 a week towards the cost of snack which they will receive each morning and afternoon.